Last December I flew 17 hours to Bali, Indonesia to visit my sister. The food was deliciously simple, often rice with meat or fish with a choice of sweet and spicy dips and sauces. My favourite dish was ‘gado gado’ meaning ‘mixed’. It is a plate of boiled vegetables served with a scrummy peanut sauce. I was only there for a week but here is a selection of foodie photos from Bali and the Gili Islands.
Category Archives: Uncategorized
Wow, December was a good month for Eat Now Talk Later. I was nominated for the Liebster Blog Award and the Versatile Blogger Award within the space of a few days!
I’ve now been nominated again for the same award 🙂 yippee! So it’s about time I pass it on!
I am so honoured to have been nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award. Thank you so much to http://ediblesubstance.wordpress.com/ for nominating me along with 14 others. Also, thank you so much to http://grazinginthecity.com/ for nominating me.
The rules for the award are:
1) Thank the person who nominated me and link back to them in my post.
2) Share 7 things about myself
3) Pass the award on to 15 more bloggers that I enjoy
4) Contact the bloggers I have chosen to let them know that they have been selected!
Here are 7 things about myself:
1) I love peas. Well, all vegetables really, but mostly peas.
2) I was named after my Italian great grandmother (father’s mother’s mother) who was called Rosa. My parents translated the name into Hebrew and called me Vered, which means Rose.
3) I am always either hungry, tired, or freezing.
4) I can’t ever remember song lyrics!
5) I love musicals. I grew up watching grease, west side story, sound of music, etc over and over again. I even love the sequels, and yes, Grease 2 is a great film!
6) I prefer savoury foods over sweet foods.
7) I am the middle of 3 sisters.
Ok so here are the wonderful 15 blogs that I believe deserve the Versatile Blogger award. This is a fantastic selection of blogs that I love to read:
1. Tita Buds – http://titabuds.com/
This is one of my absolute favourite blogs! Tita Buds is definitely a versatile blogger, her posts vary from cute things to travel pics and everything inbetween and her writing always makes me smile. She is also a middle child like me and comes across as a genuinely lovely person.
2. Bake Love Not War – http://bakelovenotwar.co.za/
A beautiful and unique blog with recipes and cute pictures. I love what Dine does with her photography, her pictures are always top quality and make me very hungry!
3. Layers & Swathes – http://layersandswathes.com/
My favourite fashion blog! This is where I learn about what is trending, who looked best at the awards, and what not to wear! Natalie has infinite wisdom into the fashion world and takes time and care over her choice of pictures, often making her own unique and beautiful photo collages for the blog.
4. The Big Fat Noodle – http://thebigfatnoodle.com
Beautiful, delicious looking recipes, often with an Asian twist. I love the pictures and the adventures!
5. The Vintage Cookbook Trials – http://vintagecookbooktrials.wordpress.com/
An amazing unique blog run by friends who test out old recipes from more than 25 years ago. The list of recipes is extensive and many are things I’d never heard of before!
6. Real Fun Food – http://realfunfood.com/
I’ve liked this blog ever since I saw the recipe for mini cheesecake stuffed strawberries! There are some fantastic mouth-watering recipes and pictures here, definitely worth checking out!
7. Tasha in the Kitchen – http://tashainthekitchen.wordpress.com/
A brilliant food blog that makes me very hungry! Beautifully written too.
8. The DelGrosso Food Blog – http://delgrossofoodblog.com/
A beautiful mix of Italian and Mexican cooking. Delicious!
9. Pasta Princess and More – http://pastaprincessandmore.wordpress.com/
I never get bored of this blog, yum, yum, yum! Delicious and beautiful pasta recipes…and more!
10. The Happy Homester – http://thehappyhomester.wordpress.com/
Amazing thrifty ideas for around the house and gifts.
11. Coffee and Heels http://coffeeandheels.wordpress.com/
A wonderful mix of cooking, fashion, and other interesting things.
12. Unprofessional Cookery http://unprofessionalcookery.com/
I love this blog for the sheer fact that it gives you so much information! The ‘Readers Ask, I answer’ are brilliant!
13. The Cook, The Baker, and The Clay Boy Maker – http://averilgomes.wordpress.com/
Another of my fave blogs. Lots of delicious foodie posts and great pictures.
14. Go Pantone – http://gopantone.com/
Loads of really cool things, pictures, links.
15. Alternative Eating – http://alternativeeating.me/
Delicious and healthy ways to live and eat. ‘Allergy friendly’ recipes.
I hope you check out these wonderful blogs and enjoy!
Happy eating xxx
For my 25th celebratory post I’d like to wish a happy new year to all my readers and followers! I want to thank you all for the fantastic support since I started my blog in July. I’ve been overwhelmed with comments, ‘likes’, links and mentions and I really appreciate it. I hope everyone has a wonderful 2012 full of happiness, love, good heath and success. And above all, I hope you have a delicious 2012!
I haven’t set proper resolutions for the new year, however, in terms of my blog, I hope to enjoy lots more delicious meals and keep enjoying photographing my food and posting it on here to share with you. I intend to keep blogging as much as possible and experimenting with different foods and ingredients. This has been great fun and a wonderful hobby, and I’m enjoying it more and more as I get used to the ‘blogging world’! I have found many incredible blogs and have made myself a few ‘blogger friends’ who have been so kind and supportive.
WordPress have summarised my blog statistics for 2011, and here are some interesting facts:
Since starting this blog 6 months ago in July 2011, I have had 4,612 views, uploaded 120 pictures, and posted 25 times.
People found my blog via 580 different google search terms, including, ‘it’s been raining all day perfect soup’, ‘skinny girl eating all the food’, ‘in the advert daddy or chips what did the little girl choose’, ‘where to find quorn in portland oregon’, ‘should i count calories on my birthday’ and many more silly things!
So, thanks again to all of you and have a very happy new year!
And just because I thought this was so pretty last night and I was slightly mesmerised (it could have been the vodka) I would like to share the fireworks from London NYE 2011.
Thank you so much to Tasha from http://tashainthekitchen.wordpress.com/ for picking me for the Liebster Blog Award! I am so honoured to have been chosen and very excited! If you haven’t seen Tasha’s blog yet, go check it out! It has a beautiful selection of food photos and recipes.
The award is all about recognising your fellow bloggers for how awesome they are!
Here’s a little of the official information about the award:
“The Liebster Blog Award is given to up coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers.
The Meaning; Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kindly, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.
The rules for the Liebster Blog Award are:
1. Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog.
2. Link back to the blogger who awarded you.
3. Copy & paste the blog award on your blog
4. Reveal your 5 blog picks.
5. Let them know you choose them by leaving a comment on their blog.”
It was very hard for me to choose 5 blogs, I follow many blogs that I think are brilliant and deserving. However, these are the top 5 I have chosen based on the criteria:
1. Martha – One Pink Macaroon http://onepinkmacaroon.wordpress.com/
When I saw the meaning for the Liebster Award I just had to choose Martha. She’s a 15 year old blogger with a clear passion for baking and a wonderful blog full of pictures and recipes!
2. Al – ChilliNinja http://chillininja.wordpress.com/
A super unique and interesting blog. Al grows many different varieties of chillies and blogs about their progress, as well as recipes using the chillies.
3. The Klutzy Chef – http://klutzychef.wordpress.com/
A great food/travel blog for it’s beautiful pictures and tasty looking recipes. I particularly like the meatless monday recipes! And check out the great idea for your leftover Turkey at Thanksgiving/Christmas.
4. Zoe – Lose Weight and Gain Health http://loseweightandgainhealth.com/
A blog about Zoe’s journey of losing weight and getting healthier – something we can all relate to! She posts a large and varied collection of beautiful healthy recipes.
5. Danya – EdibleSubstance http://ediblesubstance.wordpress.com/
Danya is one of the sweetest, cutest people I know. Yes, she’s my sister so I’m a little biased, but I genuinely love her blog too and I know how hard she works on it. She’s a student baker and writes about her experiments with baking. She includes her own recipes and beautiful pictures.
And there we have it! I hope you’ll visit these 5 blogs, they are all brilliant.
Nominees: You are in no way obligated to reply or pass the award on, it’s just a way for me to tell you that you’re great!