This is literally one of the most delicious homemade snacks I have ever made. They took me over an hour to make and were devoured within 3 minutes! But so worth it.
This recipe saves on wastage, saves money, and ensures that you know exactly what ingredients are in your crisps. No msg, additives, or preservatives. Also, as I’m running on a Passover theme, this is a great way to make sure your crisps are kosher for passover!
I was making sweet potato mash and saw a great opportunity to use the tasty crispy skins as a snack. But there are two ways to make these; you could also keep your peelings from sweet or normal potatoes and roast them separately.
1. Roast skin on sweet potatoes for 1 hr on 220 degrees with a drizzle of olive oil. Turn several times during roasting.
2. Remove the skins and mash the soft part of the potato with salt and pepper. Put the skins back on the oven tray. There should still be enough oil on the tray but if it is very dry add another drizzle of olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and put back in the oven on 250 for 15 minutes.
1. Wash and peel potatoes or sweet potatoes. Mix with a little olive oil and a sprinkle of salt and place on an oven tray in the middle of a hot oven.
2. Cook for about 45 minutes at 250 degrees or until the skins are cooked and crispy.
3. Cook the insides of the potatoes however you want. Boil, roast, or use in soups, stews, pies…see my recipes below.
These crisps are delicious with tzatziki dip or just on their own!
Tip: Try using garlic or chilli oil instead of olive oil
You may also like these recipes: